The latest TenkaraBum challenge was announced on Friday, and as such, streamers should be a key ingredient in every tenkara angler’s fly box for the next few months. With great prizes such as a Nissin 2-Way rod and a $145 store credit up for grabs, one would have to think the competition will be fierce!
1. The contest begins 12:01 AM eastern time May 28, 2016. All fish entered into the contest must be caught after that time. The contest ends 11:59 PM eastern time October 30, 2016. All entries must be received by then.
2. All fish entered into the contest must be caught on a fixed line rod (tenkara, keiryu, seiryu, carp, tanago, mebaru, crappie, cane pole, loop rod or willow switch, etc.) with a streamer or bucktail as defined above. I will be sole judge on whether the fly used qualifies as a streamer or bucktail.
3. All entries must include a photo of the fish (along with something for reference to determine size) and a separate photo of the streamer or bucktail used to catch it. Please photograph the fly before you fish it, so we can see what it looks like dry. Photos must be emailed to chris at tenkarabum dot com and the fish photos must have a time stamp in the metadata that is after the contest begins.
4. There are two categories: largest fish and most species. The prize for the largest fish is a Nissin 2-Way 450ZX stiff. The prize for the most species is store credit of $145.
5. No rules changes are anticipated, but all contest rules are subject to change.
For more details, visit TenkaraBum.com.