The Tenkara Summit in Boulder, Colorado is in two weeks. Organized by Tenkara USA, this year’s summit celebrates 10 years of tenkara in the United States. The Summits are always great time to learn a little bit, meet people you may only know from online, see some tenkara gear in person, and of course, get out and fish. I would expect this year’s to be no different.
Recently, on social media, Tenkara USA teased that they would be introducing a new rod at this year’s Summit, their first since the Hane, which was revealed at the 2017 event.
So what is it?
I’m sure there are a few “insiders” that already know the answer, (I’m not one), but I though it would be fun to muse upon what might be released, as the scenarios are endless.
- An existing rod, badged with a 10th Anniversary logo
- An improved/updated version of an existing rod
- A re-issue of a retired rod – Ayu, Ebisu, Yamame
- A mini rod (those seem to be quite popular these days)
- An “elevated” non-zoom rod – high end, perhaps made in Japan
- A rod developed and manufactured in the USA
- Totally out of the box rod – saltwater, warm water, nymphing, etc…
- Something else
So why don’t you vote in THIS LINK and if you want to elaborate on your guess in the comments, have at it. Would welcome the conversation and speculation. Just for fun, of course…