Happy New Year 2020!!!
I still can’t get my mind around that. It’s a date that looks like it was ripped straight out of a science-fiction novel.
As I’m writing this blog entry, I wanted to take a short break from editing and laying out the next issue of Tenkara Angler (Winter 2019-2020) to revisit a wonderful year of articles from the tenkara & fixed-line community. If you’re new to tenkara or this magazine, or just want to re-read some “oldies but goodies,” I picked three memorable entries from each quarterly issue for your enjoyment.
- Coffee and a Pinch of Optimism, by Melissa J. Alcorn
- An Interview with Jason Sparks, by Adam Trahan
- The Three Paths, by Dennis Vander Houwen
- An Introduction to Ultralight Backpacking for Tenkara Anglers, by Tristan Higbee
- A Treatise on Static Testing and the Classification of Tenkara, Keiryu, and Seiryu Rods, by Dr. Tom Davis
- Behind the Scenes with Discover Tenkara, by David West Beale
- The Savage Adventure, by Mike Hepner
- When Opportunity Knocks, by Chris Lynch
- Tenkara and Smallmouth Bass, by Bob Long, Jr.
- Tenkara Thrives Offline, by Adam Klagsbrun
- Lessons Learned in the Rockies, by Adam Rieger
- The Healing Stream, by Dr. Mark Phillips
I hope you enjoy this rundown of the highlights of 2019… and don’t go too far, as I mentioned, the latest issue of Tenkara Angler will be dropping soon!
This entry is sponsored by Tiny Tenkara. Check out their line of simple, engaging, & intuitive small stream rods HERE, and save 10% off your purchase with coupon code TENKARAANGLER.